Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Internet & Alcohol.

The internet is full of people pouring out there hopes & fears. We use this medium to say what we can't say. There are many reasons we find it difficult to open up to each other. If life was like a movie I could pour out my heart felt feelings to everyone about everything, there would be a pause and the movie would fade to black. But life is not a movie. Unlike the movie, there is no fade to black. Instead there is tomorrow and tomorrow can be awkward when the truth of how you feel is out there. You just can't undo it. And that is why we use the internet. I can ignore what you think you read on the internet. There is wiggle room. The internet is like alcohol, it can give you a false sense of courage. I can say what I want to say and blame it on the alcohol/internet. Or your interpretation of what I said. 

To be clear I don't drink and then write, I don't have to, I have the internet. To be even more clear I haven't had a drink in almost 20 years. My reasons are my own. I don't want to get preachy. I started out to write about how sad I feel, missing my parents, the Sundays we use to have and our little world. Somehow I got sidetracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment